Changes to Spinning Schedule
March 23rd, 2017
With instructors going on to new careers or moving out of state, we have some changes to our Spinning schedule:
Tuesdays at 5:45 pm – Spinning w/ Lauren starts 3/28
Wednesdays at 8:45 am (NOTE NEW TIME) – Spinning w/ Lauren starts 3/22
Thursdays at 8:30 am – this class has been cancelled effective immediately
Saturdays at 7:00 am – Julie is subbing for Rayne through 3/25
Saturdays at 8:45 am – Paul will be teaching for the month of April
Julie’s final class this Saturday!
March 23rd, 2017
Julie and Ken Cartularo are off for Nantucket! We wish them the best of luck with their new adventure, but will miss Julie terribly! Julie has been a Spinning instructor with us since 2006 shortly after Shelburne Health & Fitness (now Shelburne Field House) opened! She’s had a regular following ever since.
Beginning next week, Lauren will be teaching the Tuesday evening class (5:45 pm) and Paul will be teaching the Saturday morning class (8:45 am). Paul will only be teaching that class through the month of April, so we’d love to hear who you’d like to see take over this class going into the future.
Tara moves onto another chapter
March 23rd, 2017
We wish Tara Mathews, personal trainer, Spinning and Yoga instructor, and co-founder of Shelburne Health & Fitness. Tara has been a fixture here at the club since Shelburne Health & Fitness started, and even before that as a regular member of Shelburne Athletic Club. We miss her energy and wish her the best of luck in her new career.
Shelburne Field House OPEN Monday, February 13
February 12th, 2017
UPDATE: 8:20 am – The following classes are cancelled today:
8:30 Barre Strength
10:00 Tai Chi
As of right now, all other classes are still on.
Health Club at Shelburne Field House Closed for Labor Day
September 4th, 2016
We will be closed Monday, September 6 in honor of Labor Day and reopening at 5:15 am Tuesday, September 7. Be safe. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Tabata Training with Nick expands to 3 time slots
April 28th, 2016
Tabata Training with Nick has expanded to 3 classes – Wednesdays and Fridays at 8:30 am and Wednesday evenings at 5:45 pm. After a group warm up, you’ll move around to 8 different stations at which you will work out for 40 seconds, take a 20 second break, and move on to the next. After all eight stations have been completed, take a bit longer rest before repeating two more times. Each station can be adapted to your level of cardio fitness and strength. A cool down and some stretching will finish out this 45-minute class. If you’re looking for something different, this is it!
What’s it like to be a Warrior?
January 24th, 2016
From Gina Normand –
Hi Folks….I wanted to spread the word about an amazing opportunity that I am currently participating in at the Shelburne Field House. Coach Rayne Herzog is offering a Warrior Workshop 3 different times during the week. During the session we flip tires, perform core work, climb ropes (or at least try), carry buckets full of rocks and tubes filled with water around the field….hula hoop, agility training….and much much more. It is an awesome workout that leaves you feeling absolutely incredible after every session. If you think that you could never possibly do the above..you are so wrong…you can…at your own pace… with the support of an awesome Coach as well as fellow Warriors. The comradery between the Warriors is truly inspiring….and we would love for you to join us! AND….the first session is FREE…so come and try it out! If you have any questions feel free to Contact Coach Rayne 802- 316-7142 or email@example.com for details.
Here are the workshops…
Monday’s at 5:45am- 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2,15, 2/22, 2/29, 3/7
Friday’s at 5:45am- 1/22, 1/29, 2/5, 2/12, 2/ 19, 2/26, 3/4, 3/11
Friday’s at 8:30am- 2/5, 2/12, 2/19, 2/26, 3/4, 3/11, 3/25, 4/1
It’s not too late to sign up!!! Hope to see you there!
Shelburne Health & Fitness is now Shelburne Field House!
December 8th, 2015
Shelburne Health & Fitness has merged with Shelburne Field House as of Monday! You won’t lose anything you’ve come to expect from either business. We will still offer
• the best in indoor recreational sports for adults and children including soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, ultimate frisbee, baseball, softball, archery tag and more,
• the Field House Bar for beverages and snacks for the kids, beer and wine for adults, and coming soon will be hot pizza cooked right here and fresh bagels in the mornings.
• kids programming for athletes of all abilities,
• field rentals,
• birthday parties,
• special events,
• personal training,
• Spinning, Yoga, and a whole lot more INCLUDED in memberships to the health club,
• a wide variety of cardio equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, rowers, Jacob’s Ladder, stair climber, lateral elliptical, recumbent bikes, upright bikes, Krankcycle and an eSpinner,
• the cleanest health club around, and
• a warm, friendly, supportive staff.
Combining both business will open up new opportunities to those who have already been doing business with the Field House and SH&F. Field House participants will have new opportunities for health club memberships while SH&F members will see new, exciting programs offered on the fields.
In the near future, you can still find information about each business at either www.fieldhousevt.com or www.shelburnehealthandfitness.com. Or you can email us for information.
Field Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Health club information: email@example.com
SHF Introduces Running Club
June 2nd, 2015
Shelburne Health & Fitness, together with RaceVermont.com and Fleet Feet Sports, is pleased to introduce a new Road Runner’s Club of America (RRCA) running club. The Lake Champlain Running Club (LCRC) will offer a supportive and welcoming community for members to begin their running journey and achieve their goals. Both beginner and intermediate runners are welcome.
The Running Club will meet 2x a week (Saturday morning @ 8:00am at Shelburne Health & Fitness and Thursday evening @ 6:00pm at Fleet Feet Sports) and train together while becoming stronger, faster and more efficient runners. This running club will be instructed by RRCA Running Coaches.
Program specifics/benefits include:
- Start date: June 13, 2015
- Cost: $10/individual or $15/family (18 and under)
- Program duration: 1 year
- An annual Fleet Feet Savings Certificate
- $2.00 off Racevermont.com entry fees
- Free LifeTrak Personal Training 1 hour Fitness Assessment
- Free DeePT injury screening
- One-time savings on a Shelburne Health & Fitness Full-Club Punch Pass
- Lake Champlain running gear available for a discounted price
How to Sign Up for Classes Online (and other fun stuff)
September 30th, 2014
Back in May of 2013, we switched membership software to MindBody, an online software. That has made it possible for you to go online and do anything from changing your billing information, email address or phone number, to reviewing your membership information (how many punches do you have left or what’s your membership end date). You can also sign up for classes and pay for them right on line (if you need to pay for the class). Here’s how you do it.
- Click on the link for Online Class Schedule and Signup.
- If you’ve previously signed in, log in.
- If you are new to the site, enter your first name and last name and hit enter “Next”.
- The system will try to locate you. If you recognize your name, click on “This is me!”
- You will have to verify your account by answering ONE of the questions that then appear (choose a question that you think we know the answer to). Click on “Next”.
- Enter your email address and a password. Click on “Submit”.
- At this point, we need to verify your information. Either check back later, or give us a quick call to let us know you’re waiting. This takes us just a minute to do, so we can do it quickly while you wait.
- Once your account has been verified by us, go back to the sign in page and sign in.
- Now that you’re logged in, you can view classes (up-to-the-minute including cancellations and instructor changes), sign up or cancel out of classes. You can sign up for events (like P!nk for Pink) and you can look at what you’ve already signed up for. You can view your visit history and your purchase history and a whole lot more!
If you are interested in doing this, and are having any difficulty, don’t hesitate to see us at the front desk. We can walk you through it. There is also an app for your phone called MindBody Connect that you can use to sign up for classes as well. It’s really easy to use.
oakley baseball sunglasses